For Release: 08/28/2019
New lifesaving equipment for first responders
Nearly $12,000 awarded to public safety agencies across Minnesota
Gas detectors, thermal imaging equipment, brighter flashlights for firefighters. That's just a small sample of
the lifesaving equipment Minnesota first responders will be able to purchase this fall, thanks to Minnesota
This year, Minnesota Energy Resources and its charitable giving organization, the Wisconsin Public
Service (WPS) Foundation, are proud to award almost $12,000 through our Rewarding Responders Grants.
The winners include:
- Ada Volunteer Fire Department – Multi-gas detector
- Cannon Falls Fire Department – Car stabilization kit
- Hinckley Fire Department – High-quality flashlights
- Hollandale Fire Department – Thermal imaging camera
- Mora Area Fire Department – Training technology
- New Richland Fire Department – Multi-gas detector
Minnesota Energy Resources has partnered with the WPS Foundation since 2015 to offer the
Rewarding Responders Grant. We always make safety our top priority. These grants help make sure first
responders have the training and equipment they need to do the same.
Including this year's grants, Minnesota Energy Resources and the WPS Foundation have donated more
than $55,000 during the past five years to help first responders improve public safety across Minnesota.
For More Information, Contact:
- Media Hotline 800-977-2250