Minnesota Energy Resources and Rochester Public Utilities (RPU) have teamed up with the Center for Energy and Environment to offer Rochester homeowners the Neighborhood Energy Challenge (NEC), a full-service residential energy audit program.
The Neighborhood Energy Challenge includes:
- Free energy workshop. Attendance to our free "Saving Energy 101" workshop is mandatory to participate in the program — and a great opportunity to learn new no- or low- cost strategies to stop energy waste, all while visiting with your neighbors. Free childcare is provided. Workshop attendees will receive a complimentary recycle bag with an LED bulb and outlet insulation gaskets.
- Home visit and materials. At the workshop you will have the opportunity to sign up for a home visit, where our crews of energy professionals will visit your home for an hour and a half to run diagnostic tests (like a blower door to test air leaks), install energy-saving materials, and find your home's best opportunities for saving energy and reducing your utility bills.
- Help with next steps. If our crews find an opportunity for significant savings through installing additional insulation, attic air sealing, or replacing old heating equipment, we can make the next steps easy by connecting you with qualified contractors, financing, incentives and rebates.
The home visit, materials and recommendations are all included in a one-time $50 fee.
Materials provided may include:
- High-efficiency showerhead
- High-efficiency faucet aerators
- LED bulbs
- Gasket seals
- Safety caps
- Pipe insulation
November 17, 2018 at 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Northrop Community Education Center, Room 316
201 8th St NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Reserve your spot at the workshop by contacting Stacy Boots Camp at 888-734-6365 or email@example.com.