Minnesota Energy Resources and your local electric utility have teamed up with the Center for Energy and Environment to offer a full-service residential energy audit program for areas outside of Rochester.
The Community Energy Services program includes:
- Free energy workshop. Attendance to our free "Saving Energy 101" workshop is mandatory to participate in the program — and a great opportunity to learn new no- or low-cost strategies to stop energy waste, all while visiting with your neighbors. Free childcare is provided. Workshop attendees who sign up for an energy audit will receive a complimentary recycle gift bag with two compact fluorescent bulbs and receptacle gaskets and LED light bulb.
- Home visit and materials. At the workshop you will have the opportunity to sign up for a home visit, where our crews of energy professionals will visit your home for an hour and a half to run diagnostic tests (like a blower door to test air leaks), install energy-saving materials, and find your home's best opportunities for saving energy and reducing your utility bills.
- Help with next steps. If our crews find an opportunity for significant savings through installing additional insulation, attic air sealing, or replacing old heating equipment, we can make the next steps easy by connecting you with qualified contractors, financing, incentives, and rebates.
When all rebate-qualifying work is done, complete and return the Community Energy Services rebate application.
The home visit, materials, and recommendations are all included in a one-time $50 fee.
Materials provided may include:
- High-efficiency showerhead
- High-efficiency faucet aerators
- LED light bulbs
- Gasket seals
- Safety caps
- Pipe insulation