Are your energy bills difficult to manage? Don't know how to reduce your energy costs? Let us help. Minnesota Energy Resources is committed to making energy efficiency improvements affordable for qualified customers. Energy can be a significant part of your household's budget. Improving your home's efficiency helps save money, but overcoming the up-front cost associated with installing energy-efficient retrofits can be difficult especially if you have limited income. To help, we offer the 4U2 program.
How to participate:
- Determine if you qualify (see information below).
- Mail a completed application with income verification to:
2303 Wycliff St., Suite 2E
St. Paul, MN 55114
How it works:
- Once your application has been approved, an energy advisor with the 4U2 program will call you to schedule an appointment.
- A home evaluation will be completed to identify potential energy improvements and weatherization opportunities to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Minnesota Energy Resources will invest in making your homes more comfortable, safe, and energy efficient. This will help make your energy bills more affordable.
- We will cover the installation costs of every cost-effective energy efficiency measure identified by the audit. If it calls for insulation, we will help get it installed. If your furnace needs a tune up, we will get qualified contractors to tune it up.
- If you rent your home, work with your homeowner to see if you can qualify.
- If cost-effective energy-efficiency measures are identified and installed in your home, a one-time co-pay of $150 may be added to your Minnesota Energy Resources bill.
- The 4U2 program does not assist with paying current energy bills, but helps lower future heating costs, through efficiency improvements.
Qualifications (you must meet all qualifications to be eligible):
- You must be the owner or renter of the property (and have the owner's permission filled out); and you must live at the property.
- You must have an active Minnesota Energy Resources account. The primary heating fuel must be natural gas.
- You must be responsible for direct payment of your natural gas bill.
- Your total gross household income must fall within the levels outlined in the chart below:
||3-month income: Up to $9,045
Annual income: Up to $36,180
||3-month income: Up to $12,180
Annual income: Up to $48,750
||3-month income: Up to $15,315
Annual income: Up to $61,260
||3-month income: Up to $18,450
Annual income: Up to $73,800
||3-month income: Up to $21,585
Annual income: Up to $86,340
||3-month income: Up to $24,720
Annual income: Up to $98,880
|For each additional member add
||3-month income: Up to $3,135
Annual income: Up to $12,540
These income range levels are effective 1/1/2018-12/31/2018.
Please refer to the application form for all program rules, terms and conditions.
How to apply
Apply for the 4U2 program today by completing the application form, or call us with questions at 866-872-0052, option 1.