While prescriptive rebates have set rebate amounts and efficiency requirements for specific gas equipment, a custom rebate is tailored to projects that do not qualify for prescriptive rebates. By taking advantage of the Custom Rebate Program, you may be able to reduce monthly energy costs and shorten the payback period of your new equipment. Examples of qualifying equipment include:
- High efficiency process equipment
- Efficient heating and water heating systems not covered by a prescriptive rebate
- Heat recovery systems
- Energy management systems (EMS) and controls
- Building envelope improvements
All projects will be individually reviewed. Rebates are based on a portion of the cost difference between standard product and high efficiency products and practices and are calculated as the lesser of:
- A buy down to a 1 year payback, or
- $1.00 per therm saved during the first year, or
- Full incremental cost
Pre-approvals may be required to participate in the custom rebate program. To apply to the program, download and fill out the custom rebate application.
You will need to provide project specific information, such as equipment type, size, efficiency and cost. The program administrator may contact you for further information.
If you need help determining how or if your natural gas project can qualify please call us at 866-872-0052 option 2.