Just like cars, heating systems that are regularly maintained will run more efficiently and last longer. The boiler tune-up rebate helps ensure your gas fired boiler is operating at maximum efficiency and can help you avoid expensive repairs.
Minnesota Energy Resources offers rebates from $250-$500 when a professional heating service technician performs a gas fire boiler tune-up that includes the following nine services:
- Measure tune-up combustion efficiency using an electronic flue gas analyzer. Combustion analyzer test results to be provided when applying.
- Adjust air flow and reduce excessive stack temperatures
- Adjust burner and gas input, manual or motorized draft control
- Clean burners, combustion chamber and heat exchanger surface, when weather or operating schedule permits.
- Clean and inspect burner nozzles.
- Check for proper venting.
- Complete visual inspection of system piping and installation.
- Check safety controls.
- Check adequacy of combustion air intake.
After the qualifying system is tuned-up, work with your HVAC technician to complete and submit the commercial boiler tune-up rebate application.
|Gas fired boiler tune-up
|Boiler size of 1,000,000 Btu/hr and larger
||50% of cost
||$500 per boiler
|Boiler size of 300,000 to 999,999 Btu/hr
||50% of cost
||$250 per boiler
- This program is for existing buildings.
- New construction (built within the last two years) is not eligible.
- Boilers are eligible for a tune-up rebate every two years.
- Work must be completed by a licensed HVAC dealer or trained technician.
- Customers who have a service agreement with an HVAC dealer are eligible provided that a copy of the service contract is submitted with the rebate application.
- Rebate cannot exceed the cost of the tune-up.
To avoid delays, be sure that the application is filled out completely and the tune-up invoice (or service contract) and combustion analyzer test results are attached.
Funding is limited and can change or end at any time. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
For additional questions, please call us at 866-872-0052, option 2. Or email us at email@example.com.